We will be using the Whova Events app on the day of the conference. Once installed on your phone, look for "MIT Tech Conference 2017" which will be updated regularly with all necessary conference details and logistics information. To install on an Android device, click here. For an iPhone, click here.
8:00 - 8:40 Registration and Breakfast
8:40 - 8:45 Opening Remarks
8:45 - 8:50 Robot Showcase
8:50 - 9:20 Keynote 1 - Convergence of IoT and AI
9:20 - 10:20 Panel 1 - Interaction between humans, AI, and robotics
10:20 - 10:40 Coffee Break
10:40 - 11:20 Keynote 2 - Convergence of Biotech and AI
11:20 - 12:20 Panel 2 - Technical discussion on AI and Quantum Computing
12:20 - 1:20 Lunch
1:20 - 2:00 Keynote 3 - Interaction between VR and AR
2:00 - 2:40 Panel 3 - Convergence of VR and AI
2:40 - 3:00 Keynote 4 - Energy Tech
3:00 - 3:20 Coffee Break
3:20 - 4:00 Panel 4 - IoT
4:00 - 5:00 Panel 5 - Future of Exponential Technologies
5:00 - 5:05 Closing Remarks
5:05 - 6:00 Reception and Tech Showcase
Note: Tech Showcase will be held in the reception area starting from lunch
Parking & Venue Information
The 2017 MIT Tech Conference will take place on the top floor of the Media Lab (MIT Media Lab, Building E14, 75 Amherst Street, Cambridge MA 02139), with a view of the Charles River and the Boston skyline.
Enter the building through the 75 Amherst Street entrance and take the elevator up to floor 6.
There are a few public parking facilities near campus which are available for a fee. The approximate cost for an 8-hour stay is listed below (these parking facilities are not operated by MIT, so rates are subject to change without notice).
- 7 Cambridge Center Garage—Ames Street between Broadway and Main Streets—$20.00. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Marriott Hotel Garage/Cambridge Center—Between Broadway and Ames Streets—$20.00. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Kendall Square South Garage—350 Kendall Street—view site for current rates. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- One Broadway Garage—Enter from Third Street. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- Corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Vassar Street—$9.00. This is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- University Park—Green and Landsdowne Streets—$15.00. 5 minute walk to Central Square, 15-20 minute walk to the Media Lab.
On-street parking near the Media Lab is extremely rare. Ames Street has limited metered parking and Memorial Drive has free parking, but both are usually full by 8:00am.